Dear Christ College Community,
We hope you are looking forward to starting 2nd semester this week! We understand the first week of semester can be complicated as it is without adding in the online factor, and we are doing our best to ensure a positive learning experience for you while the College premises remain closed.
There is important information about the coming week of College below, so please take care to read through it all:
Virtual Help Desk
- To assist with your questions and enquiries as we start a new semester, we’re trialling a new virtual Help Desk this week;
- From tomorrow (Tuesday), every day this week a member of our Support Team will be on a Zoom call ready to take your questions between the following times:
- 8:30am – 9:30am;
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm;
- To access the Help Desk, click on the following Zoom link:
- You’ll be admitted to the Zoom waiting room and a Team Member will speak with you as soon as they are able;
- Please be patient with Staff as they trial this new service!
New Students/ Courses
- FEE-HELP – If you are a new student or a current student starting a new course, please ensure you have filled in your eCaf. Click here for instructions on how to fill in your eCaf;
- If you do not know which Pastoral Care Group you are in, please email John McClean (email@example.com).
Enrolment & Adminstration
- Please make sure you are enrolled in your classes as soon as possible. You can fill out an enrolment form here;
- Enrolment enquiries can be directed to the Registrar, Karen Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- The office remains closed and Support Staff are working from home. If you have any questions about enrolment or other administration, the best way to contact our Support Staff is via email or the Virtual Help Desk service (see above).
- All classes this week will be conducted on Zoom;
- Your lecturer will be in contact with the relevant Zoom links and they should be available on Nova;
- If you have any issues accessing a class, please contact your lecturer via email.
- The library will remain closed this week;
- Library staff and lecturers are working hard to ensure readings and resources for week one are available digitally where possible;
- We are preparing for the stay at home orders to continue beyond this Friday, and will email details about access to library resources in an update later this week.
- We will be conducting our usual community life activities (Living for Christ, Chapel, Pastoral Care Groups) online;
- Click on the link below to join us for Living for Christ this Tuesday @12pm:
- Click on the link below to join us for Chapel this Wednesday @12pm:
- Links for Pastoral Care Groups will be sent out by group leaders. If you are a Full Time student you should already be in a group. If you are a Part Time student and are not already in a group but would like to be, please email John McClean (email@example.com);
- If you have any concerns or difficulties about arrangements or your circumstances, please contact John McClean (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the faculty member for your Pastoral Care Group.
Thanks for taking the time to read through the information above, and for your patience as we start up this semester in the current circumstances. We’re looking forward to seeing you online soon!
The Christ College Team