Dear Christ College Community,
Congratulations on getting through week 1 of learning in lockdown! Due to the extension of the lockdown until Friday 30th June, the College site is remaining closed for the next couple of weeks. We have made some adjustments to help you with library resources – read on to find out more.
Please take care to read through the important information below:
- The library will remain closed next week;
- DOCUMENT DELIVERY is now available for all students (i.e. make a request and the amazing librarians will scan the resource for you!):
- Undergraduate students are allowed two (2) scans per unit within copyright guidelines;
- Postgraduate students are allowed five (5) scans per unit within copyright guidelines;
- HDR students function as normal with scanning and inter-library loan affordances;
- The maximum amount of pages per request is 50 pages;
- Requests will be posted on the corresponding unit NOVA page to avoid double ups and increase accessibility (within copyright guidelines);
- To receive a document within the week, requests must be made before Thursday 9am, and will be fulfilled on Thursdays.
Virtual Help Desk
- To assist with your questions and enquiries as we start a new semester, we’re trialling a new virtual Help Desk this week;
- From tomorrow (Tuesday), every day this week a member of our Support Team will be on a Zoom call ready to take your questions between the following times:
- 8:30am – 9:30am;
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm;
- To access the Help Desk, click on the following Zoom link:
- You’ll be admitted to the Zoom waiting room and a Team Member will speak with you as soon as they are able;
- Please be patient with Staff as they trial this new service!
New Students/ Courses
- FEE-HELP – If you are a new student or a current student starting a new course, please ensure you have filled in your eCaf. Click here for instructions on how to fill in your eCaf;
- If you do not know which Pastoral Care Group you are in, please email John McClean (email@example.com).
Enrolment & Adminstration
- Please make sure you are enrolled in your classes as soon as possible. You can fill out an enrolment form here;
- Enrolment enquiries can be directed to the Registrar, Karen Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- The office remains closed and Support Staff are working from home. If you have any questions about enrolment or other administration, the best way to contact our Support Staff is via email or the Virtual Help Desk service (see above).
- All classes next week will be conducted on Zoom;
- Your lecturer will be in contact with the relevant Zoom links and they should be available on Nova;
- If you have any issues accessing a class, please contact your lecturer via email.
- We will be conducting our usual community life activities (Living for Christ, Chapel, Pastoral Care Groups) online;
- Click on the link below to join us for Living for Christ this Tuesday @12pm:
- Click on the link below to join us for Chapel this Wednesday @12pm:
- Links for Pastoral Care Groups will be sent out by group leaders. If you are a Full Time student you should already be in a group. If you are a Part Time student and are not already in a group but would like to be, please email John McClean (email@example.com);
- If you have any concerns or difficulties about arrangements or your circumstances, please contact John McClean (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the faculty member for your Pastoral Care Group.
Thanks for reading the information above careful. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. All the best for week 2!
The Christ College Team