Master of Divinity/Graduate Diploma of Divinity
The Master of Divinity/Graduate Diploma of Divinity (Combined) is the perfect award for pastoral leaders and others seeking a solid foundation for serving God in formal ministry capacities. Providing a robust education in the classic disciplines of Biblical, Systematic and Practical theology, the award will encourage you to integrate your learning and apply it to your life and ministry.
Updates to Courses
Please note that the Australian College of Theology (ACT) has completed a curriculum redesign for 2020 courses. As a result, the courses, course structures, coding system and credit point values have changed. These changes are reflected in the details below. For an overview of the changes please view the details on the ACT website at: https://www.actheology.edu.au/our-courses/. For any questions related to ACT courses, please contact our Academic Registrar.
- Introduces graduate students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message at an advanced level, and provides training which combines articulation of this story and message with their application and practice in the contemporary world. The course will include the essential research principles and methods used in Divinity as preparation for higher degrees in Theology and Ministry.
- The course will be based on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated in the fields of:
- Bible and Languages (LA, OT, NT, BB)
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
- Through elective units students can:
- Develop advanced understanding in the Bible and Christian Thought & History
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three areas of the field of Ministry & Practice
|AQF Level||Level 9 Masters Award|
|Course Length||4 years full-time or part-time equivalent (up to 12 years)|
|Award Requirements||384 credit points, all at Level 7 or above (with the exception of LA units which can be level 6 and above), no more than 144 credit points in total at levels 6 and 7, and including at least 36 credit points at level 9.|
|Admission Requirements||Bachelor level degree or equivalent from an Australian university or other approved higher education provider.|
|NESB Requirements||IELTS score of 7.0 overall with a minimum 7.0 in reading and writing, and 6.5 in listening and speaking OR 10 years English in country experience|