UPDATES TO COURSES
Please note that the Australian College of Theology (ACT) has completed a curriculum redesign for 2020 courses. As a result, the courses, course structures, coding system and credit point values have changed. These changes are reflected in the details below. For an overview of the changes please view the details on the ACT website at: https://www.actheology.edu.au/our-courses/. For any questions related to ACT courses, please contact our Academic Registrar.
The Advanced Diploma of Theology is perfect for all Christians living for Christ in everyday life. It offers you the opportunity to deepen your love of God and his word as you engage in his world. The Advanced Diploma of Theology has a focus on Biblical and Systematic Theology.
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and articulation of this story and message in the contemporary world at a higher level than the Diploma of Theology.
- The course in Theology will concentrate on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated in two main fields:
- Bible & Languages (LA, OT, NT, BB)
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
- The course provides a grounding for ministry by establishing a foundation in theological knowledge and reflection.
- Through elective units students can:
- Follow study tracks in Bible & Languages and in Christian Thought & History
- Develop practical ministry skills (EM, PC, DM)
|AQF LEVEL||Level 6 Advanced Diploma|
|COURSE LENGTH||1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent (up to 6 years)|
|AWARD REQUIREMENTS||144 credit points at Level 5 or above (including at least 24 credit points at Level 6 or above)|
|ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS||ATAR no less than 65 or its equivalent|
Mature age entry is available for candidates 21 years and older
|NESB REQUIREMENTS||IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a minimum 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience|