UPDATES TO COURSES
Please note that the Australian College of Theology (ACT) has completed a curriculum redesign for 2020 courses. As a result, the courses, course structures, coding system and credit point values have changed. These changes are reflected in the details below. For an overview of the changes please view the details on the ACT website at: https://www.actheology.edu.au/our-courses/. For any questions related to ACT courses, please contact our Academic Registrar.
The Associate Degree of Theology is perfect for all Christians living for Christ in everyday life. It offers you the opportunity to deepen your love of God and his word as you engage in his world. Focusing on Biblical and Systematic Theology, the Associate Degree of Theology allows you to build on your Diploma/Advanced Diploma and possibly work towards a Bachelor of Theology award.
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and articulation of this story and message in the contemporary world.
- The course will concentrate on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated:
- Bible & Languages (LA, OT, NT, BB) and
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
- A course in theology provides a grounding for ministry by establishing a foundation in theological knowledge and reflection.
- Through elective units students can:
- Follow study tracks in Bible & Languages and in Christian Thought & History
- Develop practical ministry skills (EM, PC, DM)
|AQF LEVEL||Level 6 Associate Degree|
|COURSE LENGTH||2 years full-time or part-time equivalent (up to 6 years)|
|AWARD REQUIREMENTS||192 credit points, all at Level 5 and above and including no more than 144 credit points at Level 5, and including at least 48 credit points at Level 6 or above|
|ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS||ATAR no less than 65 or its equivalent|
Mature age entry is available for candidates 21 years and older
|NESB REQUIREMENTS||IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a minimum 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience|
This is a course of the Australian College of Theology. For more information about this course, view the complete course outline on the ACT website or contact our friendly Academic Registrar.