UPDATES TO COURSES
Please note that the Australian College of Theology (ACT) has completed a curriculum redesign for 2020 courses. As a result, the courses, course structures, coding system and credit point values have changed. These changes are reflected in the details below. For an overview of the changes please view the details on the ACT website at: https://www.actheology.edu.au/our-courses/. For any questions related to ACT courses, please contact our Academic Registrar.
The Bachelor of Ministry is an ideal award to equip you for a lifetime of serving Jesus. It offers you the opportunity to deepen your love of God and his word as you engage in his world. The Bachelor of Ministry provides you with a foundation in Biblical and Systematic Theology with an additional focus on Practical Theology.
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world.
- The course will require specialisation in disciplines by which knowledge of God is applied to guide Christian practice:
- Evangelism & Missiology (EM) and/or
- Pastoral & Church Focused Ministry (PC) and/or
- Developmental Ministry (DM)
- The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience and include supervised practice-based learning where appropriate.
- Through elective units students can:
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three areas of the field of Ministry & Practice
- Develop foundational understanding in the Bible & Christian Thought (LA, OT, NT, BB)
|AQF LEVEL||Level 7 Bachelor Degree|
|COURSE LENGTH||3 years full-time or part-time equivalent (up to 9 years)|
|AWARD REQUIREMENTS||288 credit points, all at Level 5 and above and including no more than 144 credit points at Level 5, and including at least 72 credit points at Level 7 or above|
|ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS||ATAR no less than 65 or its equivalent|
Mature age entry is available for candidates 21 years and older
|NESB REQUIREMENTS||IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a minimum 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience|