UPDATES TO COURSES
Please note that the Australian College of Theology (ACT) has completed a curriculum redesign for 2020 courses. As a result, the courses, course structures, coding system and credit point values have changed. These changes are reflected in the details below. For an overview of the changes please view the details on the ACT website at: https://www.actheology.edu.au/our-courses/. For any questions related to ACT courses, please contact our Academic Registrar.
The combined Bachelor of Theology/Bachelor of Ministry Award is an ideal award to equip you for a lifetime of serving Jesus. It offers you the opportunity to deepen your love of God and his word as you engage in his world. The Bachelor of Theology/Ministry will help you to explore Biblical and Systematic Theology in greater depth and build on this with an additional focus on Practical Theology.
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application, articulation and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world.
- The course will be based on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated:
- Bible & Languages (LA, OT, NT, BB) and
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
- The course will also require specialisation in disciplines by which knowledge of God is applied to guide Christian practice:
- Evangelism & Missiology (EM) and/or
- Pastoral & Church Focused Ministry (PC) and/or
- Developmental Ministry (DM)
- The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience and include supervised practice based learning where appropriate.
- Through elective units students can:
- Follow study tracks in Bible & Languages and in Christian Thought & History
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three areas of the field of Ministry & Practice
|AQF LEVEL||Combined Level 7 Bachelor Degree|
|COURSE LENGTH||4 years full-time or part-time equivalent (up to 12 years)|
|AWARD REQUIREMENTS||384 credit points, all at Level 5 and above and including no more than 192 credit points at Level 5, and icnluding at least 96 credit points at Level 7 or above|
|ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS||ATAR no less than 65 or its equivalent|
Mature age entry is available for candidates 21 years and older
|NESB REQUIREMENTS||IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a minimum 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience|