UPDATES TO COURSES
Please note that the Australian College of Theology (ACT) has completed a curriculum redesign for 2020 courses. As a result, the courses, course structures, coding system and credit point values have changed. These changes are reflected in the details below. For an overview of the changes please view the details on the ACT website at: https://www.actheology.edu.au/our-courses/. For any questions related to ACT courses, please contact our Academic Registrar.
The combined Diploma of Theology/Ministry is perfect for all Christians living for Christ in everyday life. It offers you the opportunity to deepen your love of God and his word as you engage in his world. The combined Diploma of Theology/Ministry is a chance build on your Diploma award and possibly work towards a Bachelor award.
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world.
- Concentrates on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated:
- Bible & Languages (LA, OT, NT, BB) and
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
- Requires specialisation in disciplines by which knowledge of God is applied to guide Christian practice:
- Evangelism & Missiology (EM) and/or
- Pastoral & Church Focused Ministry (PC) and/or
- Developmental Ministry (DM)
- The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience and include supervised practice-based learning where appropriate
- Through elective units students can:
- Follow study tracks in Bible & Languages and Christian Thought & History
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three fields of Ministry & Practice
|AQF LEVEL||Combined Level 5 Diploma|
|COURSE LENGTH||1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent (up to 7.5 years)|
|AWARD REQUIREMENTS||144 credit points at Level 5 or above|
|ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS||ATAR no less than 65 or its equivalent|
Mature age entry is available for candidates 21 years and older
|NESB REQUIREMENTS||IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a minimum 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience|