Paul is a Research Fellow at Christ College and his current area of research is Philanthropy in Australian Colonial History. Prior to this he was Senior Minister of Beecroft (2004-13), full-time lecturer at the College (1990-2003), Senior Chaplain at The Scots College (1984-89) and minister of Tocumwal- Finley (1977-83). He has held various positions within the Presbyterian Church including Convener of Public Worship & Aids to Devotion Committee (1991-01), Convener of the NSW Presbyterian Social Services Committee (2002-10) and Convener of the NSW Theological Education Committee (2010-12). Before entering the ministry Paul was a Geologist with the Geological Survey, NSW Department of Mines. Paul is married to Megan and they have four adult children and one grandchild.
- 1969 Bachelor of Science (Honours) (University of New South Wales)
- 1975 Licentiate of Theology (Honours) (Australian College of Theology)
- 1976 Bachelor of Divinity (Honours) ( University of London)
- 1991 Master of Theology (Melbourne College of Divinity)
- 1998 Master of Adult Education (University of Technology, Sydney)
- 2013 Doctor of Philosophy (Macquarie University)