UPDATES TO COURSES
Please note that the Australian College of Theology (ACT) has completed a curriculum redesign for 2020 courses. As a result, the courses, course structures, coding system and credit point values have changed. These changes are reflected in the details below. For an overview of the changes please view the details on the ACT website at: https://www.actheology.edu.au/our-courses/. For any questions related to ACT courses, please contact our Academic Registrar.
The Advanced Diploma of Ministry is perfect for all Christians living for Christ in everyday life. It offers you the opportunity to deepen your love of God and his word as you engage in his world. The Advanced Diploma of Ministry has a focus on Practical Theology.
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world at a higher level than the Diploma of Ministry.
- Requires specialisation in disciplines by which knowledge of God is applied to guide Christian practice:
- Evangelism & Missiology (EM) and/or
- Pastoral & Church Focused Ministry (PC) and/or
- Developmental Ministry (DM)
- The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience and include supervised practice based learning where appropriate.
- Through elective units students can:
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three fields of Ministry & Practice
- Develop foundational understanding in the Bible and Christian Thought & History
|Level 6 Advanced Diploma
|1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent (up to 6 years)
|144 credit points at Level 5 or above (including at least 24 credit points at Level 6 or above)
|ATAR no less than 65 or its equivalent
Mature age entry is available for candidates 21 years and older
|IELTS score of 6.5 overall with a minimum 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience